WightSAR Fund Raising
Our dedicated WightSAR team are on call 24/7, 365 days a year to support Hampshire Constabulary to search for high risk, vulnerable missing people across the IOW.
WightSAR receives no statutory funding and relies totally on fundraising and donations for our operational running costs, vital equipment purchases and any additional projects.
Members are all volunteers who pay for their own personal equipment, clothing, fuel, training and expenses.
Fundraising is a never ending task for WightSAR members and the recent COVID crisis has severely impacted on our fundraising income.
There are several ways individuals and organisations / businesses can help support our life saving searches:
Look out for our COLLECTION POTS in various stores and pop your donation into one.
If any business feels able to host one of our Collection Pots please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pots are emptied on a regular basis by one of our team
Look out for our TEXTILE BANKS at 7 different locations across the Island and pop your unwanted textiles into one to help us raise vital funds
The Textile Clothing banks are located at:
· Arreton Barns – Main Road, Arreton
· Binstead Post Office – Binstead Hill, Ryde
· Morrisons – Newport Road, Sandown
· Morrisons - Newport
· Red Funnel East Cowes
· The Prince of Wales – York Avenue, East Cowes
Register for a FREE account at EASY FUNDRAISING and choose Isle of Wight Search & Rescue as your chosen charity. Every time you shop at a registered store, we will receive a percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Register at AMAZON SMILE and choose Isle of Wight Search & Rescue as your chosen charity. Every time you place an order, we will receive a percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. It is just the same as your normal Amazon account but gives us vital funds:
GIVE AS YOU LIVE
MAKE A ONE OFF OR REGULAR DONATION
This can be easily done on line at:
FOR EASY TEXT DONATION:-
Text SEARCH TO 70450 to Donate any amount from £1 upwards.
WightSAR welcomes support from any commercial company or other organisation. There are many ways you can help.
· Financial donation. This can be in the form of a one off donation or to fund a specific piece of vital, much needed equipment. Your generosity will be represented on our website and we are more than happy to be jointly featured in any advertising or promotional material.
· Equipment or service donation. If your company produces or sells equipment that may be useful to our role or anything that we could use in in our regular fundraising raffles as a prize.
· Ongoing sponsorship. We would like to develop relationships with businesses that are seeking a cause to support on a regular basis.
· Fundraise for WightSAR as a one off event
If you would like to discuss any of the above with our Fundraising Lead please e mail email@example.com