Updated: Jul 16
Our dedicated WightSAR team are on call 24/7, 365 days a year to support Hampshire Constabulary to search for high risk, vulnerable missing people across the IOW.
WightSAR receives no statutory funding and relies totally on fundraising and donations for our operational running costs, vital equipment purchases and any additional projects.
Members are all volunteers who pay for their own personal equipment, clothing, fuel, training and expenses.
Fundraising is a never ending task for WightSAR members and the recent COVID crisis has severely impacted on our fundraising income.
There are several ways individuals and organisations / businesses can help support our life saving searches:
Look out for our COLLECTION POTS in various stores and pop your donation into one.
If any business feels able to host one of our Collection Pots please email email@example.com
Pots are emptied on a regular basis by one of our team
Look out for our CLOTHING BANKS at 7 different locations across the Island and pop your unwanted textiles into one to help us raise vital funds
The Textile Clothing banks are located at:
· Arreton Barns – Main Road, Arreton
· Binstead Post Office – Binstead Hill, Ryde
· Morrisons – Newport Road, Sandown
· Morrisons - Newport
· Red Funnel East Cowes
· The Prince of Wales – York Avenue, East Cowes
· Yarmouth Car Park
Register for a FREE account at EASY FUNDRAISING and choose Isle of Wight Search & Rescue as your chosen charity. Every time you shop at a registered store, we will receive a percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Register at AMAZON SMILE and choose Isle of Wight Search & Rescue as your chosen charity. Every time you place an order, we will receive a percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. It is just the same as your normal Amazon account but gives us vital funds
If you are a CO OP MEMBER choose Isle of Wight Search & Rescue as your chosen charity for the year and earn us extra money when you purchase CO OP own brand products and use your membership card. To choose us just log into your online account or register to become a member for £1
MAKE A ONE OFF OR REGULAR DONATION
This can be easily done on line at:
· LOCAL GIVING
. GIVE AS YOU LIVE
Don’t forget to agree to Gift Aid to give us an extra 25% at no extra cost to you.
WightSAR welcomes support from any commercial company or other organisation. There are many ways you can help.
· Financial donation. This can be in the form of a one off donation or to fund a specific piece of vital, much needed equipment. Your generosity will be represented on our website and we are more than happy to be jointly featured in any advertising or promotional material.
· Equipment or service donation. If your company produces or sells equipment that may be useful to our role or anything that we could use in in our regular fundraising raffles as a prize.
· Ongoing sponsorship. We would like to develop relationships with businesses that are seeking a cause to support on a regular basis.
· Fundraise for WightSAR as a one off event
If you would like to discuss any of the above with our Fundraising Lead please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We are extremely grateful to all the individuals, organisations and businesses who do donate, offer their services for free and support us. Without you we would not be able to keep the team operational and able to continue our lifesaving work. We thank each and every one of you.